Minutes from Strategic Group meeting – 9th May 2016
Present: David Baxter, Judith Smith, Craig Renilson, Tracey Williams, Carole Anderton, Jackie Lowe, Dale Walford, John Ball, PC Andrew Parkinson, PCSO Carl Davies, Elizabeth Davies
- David chaired the meeting in the absence of Ricky. Attendee numbers were low due to the Abram Labour Party meeting being held at the same time.
- Strategic Group Aims – the group discussed the aims of the Strategic group.
- Communications Strategy / Consultations / Marketing
- David stated that the Z cards had now been printed. David passed Jackie a number of Z cards to distribute at the next Bickershaw event. Tracey also took a Roller Banner, surveys and Z cards for the Bamfurlong group
- Community Assets of Value
- The group discussed potential buildings to register as Community Assets of Value.
- The former Tramlines building on Templeton Road was raised and how appears to be available at Auction, and not available via Community Asset Transfer.
- The Bickershaw Residents members to send through details of land and buildings in Bickershaw.
- Neighbourhood Development / Projects
- Jackie discussed the Bicky Lads and Lasses group that meet weekly on Thursday’s.
- Judith discussed Environmental projects. David mentioned that Andrew Crompton was currently looking to map out the walk / cycle routes across Abram Ward. This could then be used to promote Healthy walks and link to Educational trips by linking in QR code for each historical spot nearby the walk.
- Jackie mentioned about the Nature Reserve near Bickershaw Hall Nurseries, as raised by Judith. Jackie to discuss at the next Bickershaw Residents meeting
- Any Other Business
- David discussed Abram Ward Community Cooperative’s plans to expand on the land adjacent to Platt Bridge Community Zone, and how Pre-Feasibility works have been undertaken. The next step would be to commence with a Community Right To Build, meaning a referendum would be required.
- David stated that Wigan Council would look to hold regular 6-8 week update meetings with members of the ACT group. The first meeting is pencilled in for the 13th David asked for people to attend although no one was able to attend due to work commitments or School run duties