Monday 11th January 2016 at Platt Bridge Community Zone
David Baxter, Tracey Williams, Carole Anderton, Ricky Parkinson, Carl Bridden, Marie Philpott, Andrew Meadows, Judith Smith, John Ball, Richard Holme, David Holme
1 – Introductions
- Ricky Parkinson, Chair of the Forum, welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Richard and David Holme of Bickershaw Hall Nurseries introduced themselves to the group
2- AECOM Technical Support workshop
- No updates as yet from AECOM from their visit to the previous meeting. AECOM ensure feedback will be available by the next meeting
3 – Working Groups
- David provided updates on the Buildings working group. Marie Philpott has commenced discussions with Wigan Council on this and Wigan Council have signposted Locality to speak to ACT prior to the next meeting. This meeting will be to discuss Community Asset Transfers and potential Multi Asset Transfers.
4 – Consultation Session Planning / Surveys
- Tracey discussed Wigan Council’s The Deal In Action sessions that will arrive in Abram Ward in August.
- The group discussed future strategies for the consultation sessions. The aim would be to have one in each of the 5 villages.
- A further 1000 ‘Have Your Say’ surveys have been printed. The survey can continue throughout the year. There will also be a need to put an interactive version on Social Media
5 – Community Shops
- Richard and David Holme discussed their Business and how they would be happy to support the development of Community Shops. There would be an opportunity to develop Community Shops around Local Food Growing and all items needed could be purchased from Bickershaw Hall Nurseries. Bickershaw Hall Nurseries will be able to support with; Venue to sell Produce and develop a Community Shop, Sales of Produce.
- David discussed the potential links to Christmas Fairs that had been raised at the recent Platt Bridge Community Forum meeting by parents at Holy Family School
- There was an update by Judith Smith on her report to David
- Marie Philpott raised the U2U project that she is currently running weekly at Platt Bridge Community Zone. This project is currently creating Pop Up shops by its attendees and will launch in March
6 – Website updates
- No updates
7 – Any Other Business
- Judith discussed the recent floods in Abram and Platt Bridge
- There was a discussion on the ACT logo. Designs to be drafted for the next meeting
Date of next meeting: 8th February 2016 at 6.30pm at Platt Bridge Community Zone